NEW EXECUTRY SOLICITOR OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a private client solicitor, primarily for executry work. Part-time possible, as is a blend of office/home working.
Experience of Wills, Estates, and Adults with Incapacity matters, will be essential. Some experience of Trust work will be helpful.
Working closely with the Principal and colleagues you will
- Manage your own caseload and take new client instructions
- Deal with ingathering of Estate assets
- Liaise with Registers of Scotland, Local Councils and Search Agencies
- Communicate with HMRC over inheritance tax issues.
- Deal with Confirmation, and distribution to beneficiaries
- Empathise with your own clients and beneficiaries to update them on progress
- Draw up Wills and Powers of Attorney and provide relevant advice to clients, including on taxation and asset preservation
Client service and relationships are key facets for this role. We offer significant client contact, perhaps dealing with people with sensitivity and compassion at vulnerable stages in their lives.
Fergusson Law is known for fixed price work, without legal jargon, leading to satisfied clients.
We have just moved to a light airy New Town office with garden views.
Age is absolutely no bar as you would expect but we look for at least one year of relevant experience since you qualified.